Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Monday, August 21, 2006

In September, I have my rural medicine month. I have been anxiously awaiting to hear where I would be going. There were quite a few hang-ups, but I just found out. I am going to Marshall, MO. It is about an hour and 1/2 from my house in KS and one hour from my folks' house. It is half-way between Kansas City and Columbia. I will be doing the month with a family practice doc that graduated from UMKC. Hopefully it will be a great experience. I will be staying there in an apartment that the school acquired for me.

When I looked at the newpaper, here are the top headlines:
(Top story photo)

Contributed photo

Grand champion
Jade Jenkins of Marshall won Grand Champion in the FFA Overall Wether Dam event at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia on Friday, Aug. 11. Jenkins also won Grand Champion in the Overall Wether Dam event. She is 15 years old and is the daughter of Terry Jenkins and Susan Pointer. From left, Vince McGolden, Jenkins and Chad McGolden... More > >


Five area 21 year olds will end careers at Saline County Steer Sale
Vintage A-C tractors in Marshall next month
Newscope/Monday, Aug. 21
Salem United Church of Christ breaks ground following tornado
'Smooth' beginning for Sweet Springs schools
Preview/Lyceum brings "Dial 'M' for Murder" to Arrow Rock
Newscope/Friday, Aug. 18
Marshall students travel to N.C. on YMCA trip to repair homes


Sarah+small town= could be interesting. :) Oh, and congrats to Jade. :) Wether Dam? Are they trying to be funny. :) (Sounds like an SNL skit to me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home