Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Copying off Danielle.....

40 questions about my 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Delivered a baby intrabdominally. Cool!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I am not sure if I made one. Kinda sad. Will make one for this year though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?My cousin had a baby boy in early 06.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Several close patients..

5. What countries did you visit? None. But, I did spend a considerable amount of time in the country---Marshall, MO.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 which you lacked in 2006? More time in which I do not have to worry about studying.

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory, and why? June 14th. Board's day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing boards, along with moving into all clinic rotations.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not kicking board's butt.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, though I did have a nasty laryngitis in July.

11. What was the best thing you bought? iPod

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I am not sure....

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Pres. Bush

14. Where did most of your money go? Here and there and everwhere, I am not sure, but it is all gone!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Finishing core rotations in April and having May as a mini break! Sad, but true!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? "Rompe" by Daddy Yankee....it was the song I used to "pump" myself up for boards.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Happier, fatter and much more poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise and TV watching :)

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Working

20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve? I spent it with friends at a bar, Steak and Shake, and back at my place.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? fall, no. Was already in love! :)

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope, probably hated them last year too. Haha.

26. What was the best book you read? hmmm. Did I read any pleasure books!??! I think I read a Tess Gerritson book very early in 06 that was quite good. But, read lots and lots of Kaplan books.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? iTunes

28. What did you want and get? Many things. I am lucky to have great friends and family.

29. What did you want and not get? Enough money to pay off my loans and never have to work....maybe 07 is my year.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably "Borat," dumb, but man it is funny.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? Out with a couple friends. 23.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Finish boards.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Try to find something that is both cute in the hospital and outside.

34. What kept you sane? My friends, but also my TV shows that I looked forward too.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Heidi Klum.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Stem Cell Research--same as Danielle, different stir though

37. Whom did you miss? My out-of-town relatives.

38. Who was the best new person you met? Lots of my classmates that I knew a little, that I work with on rotations and have become close with.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Recently learned from a psych patient. Life is like stepping into a hot bath. At first it is may be too hot to your extremity, but if you get passed that, the rest of the bath feels great.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: That one will require some more thought!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    I'm so glad you did this!!! You are so good to remember about your patients that died. I wish I would have thought about that. Number nine is a good one too. Also, 38 was really good. I totally ditto that one!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so enjoy reading your thoughts! Glad you are posting! Yes, I need to do the same. Enjoy the little people!

    ~Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home