Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Long post....

Started Behavioral Science today. It is a class that covers several issues, first and foremost being psychiatric medicine. It also covers ethics, healthcare finance and development. So far, it was been a really great class. The lecturer today was very dynamic and was interesting to listen to. He is the head of psychiatry and will be giving around half of our lectures. This class is also a very light load. We have class for only an hour or two everyday with four days completely off. This will allow me to study for the chairman's exam for Behavioral Science as well as the pre-boards exam (CBSE) at the end of the month.

If you didn't know, I have been broadening my ideas of what "kind" of doctor I want to be. So, I went from having my mind made up, to really having no idea. Today, I came to the realization that I will probably like every single rotation that I do. Which is a great thing, but it will probably make deciding what I want to do a little harder. I think so many parts of medicine are very cool. I am so satisfied that I have chosen a profession that I enjoy learning about and will probably eventually enjoy practicing in for the remainder of my life. No matter how sick I get of studying and later of the horrible hours, at least I am loving what I am doing. ---if you can't tell, I am liking being back to real med school classes. :)

I also just got back from a mini-vacation. We went and saw my Aunt Carol and Janet, my grandparents, Aunt Nancy, and my cousin Jeanne and her family. Aunt Carol lives in Madison, WI. She just bought a home there, so it was nice to finally see the house that I have heard lots about. Her dog, Ricky, was not so happy to have us there. He barked and jumped like crazy when my family arrived. He seemed to calm down some when we were sitting, but the second we moved, it was back to the "crazy dog." We played a game called Balderdash. I really enjoy this game. If you have not played, it is a game in which you have to make up fake, but believable things that could have occurred on a date, a person is famous for, a definition, or abbreviation. Janet and I tied for the win. The next two days were spent in Milwaukee. I stayed at my grandparents while my mom, dad and brother stayed at my aunts. They live around 50 feet away from each other, so it is not bad. If you ask me I got the best deal, all the attention, a warm bed, and my own bathroom. :) I also got to spend some extra time with my grandparents, where I always get to learn something new about their lives. Aunt Nancy, grandma, my mom and I went to see Walk the Line while we were there. I really liked this movie. When I wasn't at my grandparent's house, we hung out at Aunt Nancy's house. She had lots of yummy cookies and other snacks. We then headed down to Chicago to visit my cousin Jeanne, her husband Boris and her 2-year-old Luka. Jeanne is always such a great hostess. She had a yummy lunch already for us when we got there. We hung out in the afternoon with them. Surprising to everyone, Luka really liked me (normally he is very shy, I guess). I read many books...including the favorite of his which includes the phrase, "gooey, gooey goose." He is such a cute kid!! That night we went to dinner with Keith's family at Red Lobster. It was very tasty and the company was great. After dinner, Jeanne, Nick, my mom and I played pictionary. I learned how horrible my drawing skills are. :) The next morning, it was back to KC. It was a great trip and I enjoyed seeing everyone. Thanks to all my relatives for their hospitality.

Back to studying for me. Happy New Year to everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home