Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I started my first "real" rotation on Wednesday. It is an internal medicine rotation, that the students call DoRo (pronouced: dough-row). My whole docent team (of eight students Years 4-6, the Year 3s do not participate) is on this rotation. They split the team in half, Teams A and B. I am on Gold A with my senior partner, Hannah (MS VI), Kathani (MS VI) and Jessica (MS IV). Together we help our intern and supervising resident take care of inpatients at the hospial.

Jessica wrote this on her blog and it explains things pretty well.

The past couple days have been kinda hectic. It is hard not knowing what is going on and not knowing how to do anything. The lack of sleep is not helping either. I was oncall the first day, with Hannah, so that made for a late night and an early morning (Hannah didn't make me stay up all night though). I am starting to get the hang out things now. Jessica and I will probably start taking out our patients soon as well.

I think you are probably already tired of reading, so more to come later on some very interesting patients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home