Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Monday, March 06, 2006

Set a date......

JUNE 14th, 2006 @ 8:00AM in Overland Park, KS
United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)-Step 1

The test that my whole medical school so far was been leading up to is scheduled now. I got the go ahead for my school to schedule it and sit for the exam whenever I am ready. I thought Flag Day seemed to be a fitting day for such an occasion.

This test is the first of 3 steps to the becoming a liscensed physician. Step 1 covers basic medical science and is taken by all second year (or year 4s in the six year program) medical students in the nation. Step 2 has two parts. The first covers clinic knowledge. The second is clinical skills. The second is live mock patients that you must perform histories and physicals on. Step 2 is completed during the last year of medical school for all medical students. Step 3 is more clinical knowledge (I think) and is completed during your internship year, or the first year of residency after you graduate. Students believe that the tests are easier as you go on. The most studying and preparation is done for the first Step. The score often can determine what "type" of doctor you can be.

So, for the next couple months, all my extra time will be donated to trying to achieve the best score that I can on this exam. Let the countdown begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home