Obladi oblada-Life goes on

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sorry that I have not written in awhile. Here's what's being going on.

Friday: Final went pretty good. I was so happy to be done with it. Then, I got really sick on Friday night. Keith ended up having to take me to the emergency room at KU because I was having such troubles breathing. (THANKS KEITH!) They gave me some meds and a breathing treatment.

Saturday: Slept in to like 1:30. Then, showered and went and picked up my Rx from the pharmacy. When, I got back to my apartment Jaime was waiting here. I finished getting ready and we went to Michelle's graduation. They filled up Swinney to it's max capacity. The speaker was horrible. He told the graduates that it was okay that they ONLY graduated from UMKC and they were trying to make it a cooler place. The final alumni speaker even told them life is going to suck and nothing is easier than being a student, so get used to it. Nice parting thoughts for the new graduates. After graduation, I went with Michelle's family to Cracker Barrel. I had the country fried steak. We went back to Michelle's house after that. They had a cake and Michelle opened some of her gifts. HAPPY GRADUATION Michelle!

Sunday: Happy Mother's Day!!!! Woke up and had breakfast casserole with my family. Then, my mom and I went shopping for her Mother's Day gift. I got her a cute pair of black pants and a shirt. We also got some swimsuits and had a pretzel at the mall. When we came home, I discovered my dad and Nick had cleaned my car! It was really nice of them to do. If you had seen its condition you might have taken pity on it too! In the afternoon, we took pictures around the yard. Mom wanted to have some good pictures of Nick and I for her desk at work. We had shishkebobs for dinner. They were very tasty. At 7, we watched Home Extreme Makeover:Home Edition. It was the edition in Kansas City. It was really cool to see. The funny thing was UMKC had sent an e-mail telling us to watch it because they were giving out 5 full-ride scholarships to the kids that lived in the house. We get to the end and no scholarship annoucement. I got another email yesterday saying they were promised it would be there, but oh well, try to watch the How Did They Do It and it would be there.

Monday: Slept in. I haven't been able to do that on a Monday in months! Had lunch with Keith and turned my final assignment in at school. Went grocery shopping and then came back here to start studying for Chairman's (on May 17th). Made dinner for Keith and I. I made Porcupine Meatballs with mashed potatoes. It was my first time making the real mashed potatoes by myself. :) Both turned out excellent, I thought. After some TV, Keith and I went mini-golfing at the local mall where they have a blacklight indoor course. Since it just opened you get to play 56 holes for only $5. I lost every round!!

Well, that was the past couple days!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home